We have implemented the following measures to make your experience with us more enjoyable, and to achieve our objective of being a truly responsible and sustainable business:
Protecting the Environment:
- Taking only small groups out into environmentally sensitive areas to minimise the impact on delicate ecosystems and avoid unnecessary erosion.
Implementing a 'leave no trace' policy, leaving the countryside with no evidence that we have visited.
Helping our customers to learn about the fragile upland environment and how they can help protect it.
Sharing our knowledge of local plants, animals, geology, and local history to promote a greater love of the countryside and desire to protect it amongst others.
Taking home only memories and photographs. We never pick wild flowers or take rock samples etc.
Following The Countryside Code on all of our walks.
Encouraging customers to arrive by public transport or minimise the use of their car during their stay.
Making all of our walks accessible to those using public transport.
- Using a vehicle ourselves that has low carbon emissions.
- Doing most of our marketing, admin and booking arrangements on-line to minimise use of paper
- Recycling the small amount of waste paper, print cartridges etc that we produce
- Following environmental guidance offered by the Peak District National Park Authority and organisations such as Envirowise, and The Carbon Trust.
- Donating £1 for every customer who books direct with us and pays full price (not discounted Walking Festival Walks) to an environmental charity such as The Friends of the Peak District, or the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust.
Supporting the Local Economy and Communities:
- Using local suppliers whenever possible for all aspects of our business
Recommending locally owned hotels, guesthouses, and self-catering accommodation
Encouraging our customers to sample locally sourced food
Promoting to customers other attractions, craft products, activity providers etc within the area
Helping our customers to learn about the Peak District way of life, culture and heritage.
We are delighted to have been awarded the prestigious Peak District Environmental Quality Mark in recognition of our the quality of the experience that we provide to our customers. This is an award presented by the Peak District National Park Authority to organisations that:
- support the local economy
- protect the global environment
- enhance the local environment
- invest in people and communities
- celebrate what’s special about the Peak District National Park.
When you buy a product or service that has been awarded the Environmental Quality Mark, you can be confident that your purchase helps look after the Peak District environment, as well as local people and communities.
Please do take the time to contact us with your ideal on how we can further improve.